Monday, July 24, 2006

Brushes With Fame

Ok, so it's taken me forever to post again....bear with me! ;-)

So I was thinking the other day - how many times have I had a "brush with fame"? Lessee....when I first started dating the Bohunk in Ft. Fun, I got "picked up" on by the lead singer of Fishbone (we went to see the band at Fort Ram, the Bohunk was in the bathroom and the band was on a break). Christmas-time 2005 I met and had my picture taken (w/ my cameraphone) with 2 of the members of Barenaked Ladies (unfortunately, one was not Ed...Fortunately, the other one was Steven). But I think my best brush was March 2005 when I got to introduce Simon LeBon of Duran Duran to Magness Arena. All my closest friends know how much I am in love with this band - ever since before high school - and the only thing that would have made it better would have been being able to touch John Taylor!! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! But Simon will do just fine.... The best part? The fact that Simon chose this thirty-something in the second row to introduce him, instead of the teeny-boppers that most likely weren't even born when the songs first came out, forced their way into the front row and flashed the band all night. That was the best $85 I have ever spent!

Do you have a story? Tell me..... I'll just be over here daydreaming....

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger PammyJean said...

Oh, if only there was a way to capture the essence of you telling this story, on a blog. SO funny, and SO capturing the excitement of the moment. But I know there are certain limitations to the written word.

As for me......I have 2 that I can tell: Garth Brooks, and Tim Curry. Perhaps I'll just do me up a little MiniMumbling.....

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Sus said...

It's 'bout darn time I got to see some sort of picture from that momentous occassion!! I was seriously beginning to believe you all were delusional that night...ok well...you all are normally delusional but that's beside's the point! *lol*

Gosh how many brush's with fame...well the walking by Laurie Anderson wasn't that big a deal and the seeing John Taylor in a tiny NYC club, about 8 feet away was more silly than anything. No, I'll have to put my mini visit/talk/hug/picture taking with Viggo Mortensen at the top of the list. *heady sigh* damn he's so freakin' gorgeous *sigh*

gosh I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging...*snicker snicker*

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger DodysWorld said...

As the photographer who shot that Simon/Nichelle photo, I have that brief encounter. I had so many encounters with famous folks, had to write up a complete blog of my own. But after writing about the famous names thought about our own Katy. Everytime I am out with her, seems there's a ton of people who know her. So there's someone famous in our midst! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home