Monday, October 31, 2005

I'm Winning!!! (and gloating)

Ok, so I try not to gloat too much on stuff, because I believe that karma catches up to one that does - but I can't help but do it a little bit.... Why? Because I'm winning in both my fantasy football league (8-0) AND Patrick's Football Pick 'Em! This NEVER happens to me! I'm thinking that the boys won't let me play anymore if I continue to dominate like this.

Usually, what happens to me is that for the first 3 or 4 weeks, I do pretty well. After that, my team (or picks) just tank, I suck, and end up watching someone else rake in the glory. There is one caveat - if there is money involved, I suck from the very beginning, so I'm sure to lose whatever cash I put in. And now that I'm gloating, I'll probably suck from now on, too.

So I have to take this opportunity (seeing as though I'm in uncharted territory) to gloat a bit and stick my tongue out at all those guys who think girls don't know much about sports - this particular Oreo grew up watching football with her daddy - it was our "quality time" together. The Bohunk makes fun of me because I will watch college football, pre-season football, the Pro Bowl, and NFL Europe (and "my team" doesn't even have to be involved in the game!)

Imagine me singing....."I'm win-ning, I'm win-ning....."

5 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Pat Angello said...

Yer not just winning - yer KILLING us!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger PammyJean said...

As I recall, you said that part of the reason The Bohunk dug you in the first place was because you could keep up with him in watching sports? So, while they may be cranky about not winning (they would be, regardless of who they're losing to), I'll bet they all secretly think "Whatta gal!"

I know I do. ;)

It's probably nice for them to know that not all girls (like me) pick the teams based on if I like the mascot (I love Lions, not so sure whether I like Cardinals or not) or the team colors.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Bill Purdy said...

Not killing me. Still well within reach, especially if you consider the season's still only half way done.

Did your daddy have a DVR? Cuz I saw this one thing where he could do this trick and snap his fingers and the action would pause. Then he'd snap em again and the action would start up again. It was so cool.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Pat Angello said...

FYI - The "winner" of this will not receive the exact same shirt Derek won last month. I'm probably going to customize each one for the winners of the football pick 'em and fantasy hockey.

If you DO win Nichelle, I'm thinking you should get a custom thong with my face on it. Only to freak out the bohunk!

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Bill Purdy said...

They idea of ANYONE being able to order and wear a thong with Patrick's face on it frightens me silly. For instance, I am wearing one now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home