Monday, August 29, 2005

Grand Opening!!

So, under peer pressure, I've decided to try my hand at "blogging". I decided to use my first blog to try and explain a bit where this all came from (but I have a feeling I will probably butcher this - and badly).

First, to explain the title - back in junior high (when they had those, and not "middle school"), someone pointed out to me that I "don't talk like no black girl, you talk like a white girl"; also, that I listened to "white people music" and wore "white people clothes". Then I was promptly nicknamed "Oreo" - you know, black on the outside, white on the inside. The intent was'nt nice either, and I was definitely aware of that - at first, I was terribly offended and hurt. Then I realized that there was nothing wrong with speaking correct English, and I could choose to do whatever I pleased, from my music choices, to my clothes, to my choice of people to hang with. So instead of being hurt, I embraced my "Oreo-ness" and let it go. I'm much better for it.

Next, my "rules" (not really rules, just a heads-up)....
1) I won't always be funny or witty or insightful. I have a few friends who have blogs, and they always seem to have something useful to say. Me? - I'll probably slip into "trite and stupid" more than once.
2) I won't always be regular in my posts. Right now, being a "double-stuff Oreo cookie" (thanks for the nickname idea, PammyJean), sleep is more important that posting. Plus the Blond Haired Blue-eyed Bohunk tends to hog the computer - he's writing.
3) I won't always be tactful or politically correct. Part of the reason I'm writing this blog is purely selfish.....I need to vent! (see title) Hopefully my friends can still hang out with me if we disagree.
4) This place will probably be in a state of flux - since I've never done this blog-thing before, I'll probably end up changing all sorts of stuff as I go along. So one day the font may be little, or a different color, or the headings and descriptions will change. But I promise it'll be here (at least for awhile anyway...). Hopefully, it will also get better as time goes along and I figure out how to do more interesting stuff.

Have at it!

8 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger PammyJean said...

Welcome to the world of "oh-my-god-someone's-actually-reading-this-I'd-better-post-something-soon"!!

And if we do disagree? Oh, well --here's to thinking for yourself!!

Yay!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Pat Angello said...

YAY! So glad you are one of us now!

Lemme know if you need help with any template changes, etc. I have a friend who is a great resource and assisted me quite a bit!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Sus said...

let's see, you won't always be "funny" or "witty" or "insightful" and the main reason you've got a blog is "purely selfish."

Good golly I think she's got it!!

In my former blog life over at LiveJournal, I never understood why some people had such a problem with my writings. After all, it was my life and I'll say what I damn well please!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Bill Purdy said...

Sounds good. Write more.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Bill Purdy said...

Oh and then there's this part: "who the hell is this guy, and why is he commenting on my blog?"

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Nichelle said...

Don't worry Bill - I know who you are.... ;-)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Bill Purdy said...

Aggggh!

Anonymity is SO overrated.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Pat Angello said...

Looks like Nichelle has joined the PAFC Football Pick 'Em. Daring little thing!

No worries - I think Heather in Co Springs will join as well, so there are a few chickies in the group.

And you'll probably kick our asses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home